e3 ‘Special Connections’ Secure accompanied and professionally organised tours for students with Special Needs.
Need help on Study Tours?
Call Ted on: 01702 337402
Email - click here
We have been running accompanied study tours since 1980.
If you are thinking of running a tour for your students you may consider our service.
At this time I can provide some idea of our service. I hope that you will browse this material through and if you have a tour in mind to make contact. We will respond with a detailed proposal for your consideration.
Ours is both an ethical and highly secure company. We are fully bonded and insured and all our employees are police checked. We have a robust safety policy and as members of ATOL and ABTA, we have a high duty of care. Our tours for students with special needs are accompanied throughout.
We are experienced in the following areas:
- Physical – Moderate Learning Difficulties.
- Physical – Severe Learning Difficulties.
- Moderate Learning Difficulties.
- Severe Learning Difficulties.
- Visual, Auditory, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties.
Our aims are:
- To instil a sense of value, personal growth and self-discovery.
- To deliver specific areas of the curriculum in a real and meaningful way to assist learning and understanding for school groups.
- To create new friendships.
- To explore different environments.
- To form life-long memories and positive ideas of travel.
Security, comfort, happiness and fun while delivering important educational experiences, tailor-made to suit each group’s needs.
We arrange all transport, excursions and meals, insurance, accommodation and we even send
experienced Tour Managers to oversee the smooth running of all aspects from start to finish.
- ‘Hands-on’ experiences where individuals are directly involved e.g. making sweets and croissants.
- Visual stimulation e.g. watching sharks in underwater viewing chambers and seeing the world-famous sights such as the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre Museum, The Arc de Triomphe and Sacre Coeur, illuminated on a summer’s evening,
- Auditory e.g. hearing the acoustics in the Dolphins ‘talking to each other’ in Asterix Theme Park.
- Touch e.g. stroking the flatfish in Nausicaa, feeling the cocoa pods in the chocolate factory.
Foreign Language e.g. meeting local people in hotels, on excursions and at meal times.
We offer highly competitive and reasonable prices and it is quite likely that the price we charge will be less than if you organised everything yourself.
We know that good food makes a really important contribution to the success of our tours.
We ask participants to provide a packed lunch for the outward journey. We will have a hot restaurant meal in the evening. A picnic meal is provided for the return journey. This is the last meal provided by ‘Special Connections’
A continental breakfast of croissants, bread, butter, jam, coffee, tea and hot chocolate is served, either in the main or the group dining room.
At lunchtime, we provide a particularly good picnic meal. At breakfast time the hotel staff layout a variety of meats, cheeses and salads. The pupils themselves choose what they want in their baguettes and can help to make them up. In this way, they enjoy a worthwhile degree of independence and choice. We avoid the usual “sandwiches, fruit and a biscuit.” Participants can expect an ever-changing choice but the menu described below is typical: Fresh bread – (petit pain or baguettes) Cheese – (a selection of Camembert, Vache qui Rit, Roquefort etc) Meat – (Ham, Salami, Frankfurter sausages, Pate, Pate en route) Fish – (Smoked salmon) Salad – (Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber) Pickles, crisps, cakes, fruit. Fruit juice, mineral water and wine for adults.
Suppers vary according to the location of your tour. As an example, in France meals are taken in the excellent Flunch Cafeteria Self Service Restaurants. The tour director will be on hand to help pupils with their choices. There is a wide choice of starters. A choice of hot main courses will be available. Desserts are always popular, for example, ice cream, mousses, fruit tarts. eclairs, flan aux oeufs, diplomat peche melba, tarte aux fraises, tarte aux cerises. There is iced water available free of charge, but fizzy drinks are not included. We are able to cater for most special diets.
We run tours for all types of groups throughout Europe. Here, we give information on our two most successful and most popular tours. We would like you to browse through these and if you have an alternative venue in mind, to let us know. We will respond with a full proposal for your consideration.
Popular tours include: